Some of my favourite links.
- Crimson Fields
- Turn based strategy game, had fun with it for two days. Really good quality for a free-ware game. The computer player is a bit stupid and there could be some more maps. Otherwise it's perfect.
- XFCE Desktop Environment
- This is a really nice alternative to Gnome and KDE. Less bloat warning, it's small, fast and with reasonable default behaviours. I did not have to do many configuration changes to feel comfortable in this environment.
- Gimp, GNU Image Manipulation Program
- The only paint program for Linux?
- LyX, The Document Processor
- This must be the best word processor ever created.
- FOX, GUI Toolkit
- Really nice C++ cross-platform GUI toolkit.
- Probably the only way to code kick-as graphics for Linux.
- NVidia, OpenGL Drivers For Linux
- Hardware accelerated OpenGL.
- SDL, Simple DirectMedia Layer
- The library for creating games for Linux.
- Don't like the current CD prices? Do something about it!
- Matthias Wandel's Home page
- This guy builds really insane machines. Lots of fun!
- The nerd site! A cup of coffee and the slash hole. Just don't read the user posts and you'll be fine.
- Black & White Film Processing
- First time, read this.
- Dan Heller Photography
- Great stuff! There are a lot of great photographer sites, this is just one.
- Ken Rockwell
- Some useful tests and information about photo.
- Dante Stella
- Witty guy with some cool information about obscure photo gear.